We're celebrating the HopCat family's 10th anniversary on Saturday, January 20th. We’ll start the party at 11am with FREE CRACK FRIES, 10 beers – including many never-brewed-before exclusives - and of course, the annual Crack Fries Eating Contest at 3pm.
- New Holland Brewing Co. – Cherry Burst Barley Feline (Exclusive) – 11.5% - BBA Dark Cherry Barleywine
- Short’s Brewing Co. – Right in the Batteries (Exclusive) – 9.2% - Oak Aged Kettle Soured Barleywine w/ Fig & Jasmine Tea
- Atwater Brewery – Whiskey BA Imperial Voodoo Vator (Exckusive) – 10.5% - Dickel Whiskey BA Dopplebock
- Blakes Cider – Sir Lushington – 9% - BBA Cider w/ Cherry
- Saugatuck Brewing Co. – The Ghost of Neapolitan (Exclusive) – 6% - White Stout w/ Vanilla, Strawberry, & Chocolate
- Lagunitas Brewing Co. – Fusion 48 – 7% - New England-Style IPA
- Country Boy Brewing – The Legend of Wooley Swamp – 11.5% - Imperial Stout
- Against the Grain Brewery & Smoke – Amburana Aged Bo & Luke – 13% - Amburana Aged Smoked Imperial Stout
- Moonlight Meadery – Wet’n Wild – 14% - Oak Aged Mead w/ Blueberry
- Monnik Beer Co. – Never Be Violet - ~12% - Brandy BA Barleywine aged on Blueberries
Free Crack Fries:
We're giving away free Crack Fries from 11a to 5p with any purchase. One order per person.
Crack Fries Eating Contest:
Come 3pm, we’ll be hosting a Crack Fries eating contest. There's a $5 entry fee that will be matched by HopCat with all proceeds being donated to charity. Contestants must sign up in advance, either by email, by phone, or in person by 2:30pm on January 20th. To sign up, contact our General Manager, Jill Major, at JMajor@hopcat.com or call 859-286-6847, or sign up in person at the restaurant by asking your server/bartender.
Once the contest begins, you’ll have six minutes to eat as many Crack Fries, by weight, as you can. The 1st Place winner will receive a HopCat prize package valued at $500 and the chance to compete for the grand prize - $2,000 and eternal glory as they're pitted against the other HopCat locations' winners in the World Championship Crack Fries Eating Contest at the 2018 Michigan Brewer’s Guild Summer Beer Festival in Ypsilanti. If you don’t want tosubject your stomach to that, you can just come and hang out, drink a beer, get some food and enjoy the festivities.
In addition to a $500 prize package, the first-place winner will be provided with a travel voucher to help cover the costs of getting to the 2018 Summer Beer Festival. 2nd place winner gets a HopCat prize package valued at $100. 3rd place winner gets a HopCat prize package valued at $25. 4th place has to sit on the bar while everyone points and laughs…not really…maybe.
10 years strong! Since opening our original location in Grand Rapids, MI in January 2008, we've been on an unending quest to ensure that our beer selection is the best in the world. We’re listed as one of the Top 50 bars in the US by Draft Magazine. But that’s just the start: Beer Advocate Magazine has ranked us as the #3 Beer Bar in the world, and CraftBeer.com has rated us among the Top 5 beer bars in the U.S. 2012-2014. We’re humbled by the response that craft beer lovers all over the world have shown to our philosophy, and are truly grateful for the simple fact that we are lucky enough to be anchored in the Midwest, where craft beer is a way of life.