You're thirsty. An unfortunate number of our neighbors are hungry. We can do something about this.
HopCat's six Michigan locations have joined an effort called Hops Against Hunger. This is an initiative from the hunger-relief organization Feeding America, which is working to tackle the country's hunger crisis head-on during September, its official Hunger Action Month.
Hops Against Hunger unites 40 Michigan breweries, restaurants and bars in fund-raising efforts for local food relief. As part of our ongoing participation in the FeelGood Tap program, HopCats throughout the state will donate will donate $1 for every pint sold from a select list of beers to one of Feeding America's member food banks. Help fight hunger while you enjoy a pint? Win-win, right?!
When Hops Against Hunger began last year, a dozen establishments were able to raise more than $20,000. With several times the number of participants this year, we have every reason to believe we'll help raise quite a bit more.
Here are September's FeelGood Tap beers for each of our Michigan locations:
- HopCat Grand Rapids (Feeding America West Michigan): Green Zebra Watermelon Gose, Founder’s Brewing Company
- HopCat East Lansing (Greater Lansing Food Bank): Rambler Pilsner, North Peak Brewing Company
- HopCat Detroit (Forgotten Harvest): Pine Knob Pilsner, Rochester Mills Brewing Company
- HopCat Ann Arbor (Food Gatherers): Strawberry Blonde, Arbor Brewing Company
- HopCat Kalamazoo (Food Bank of South Central Michigan): Tasmanian Hatter IPA, New Holland Brewing Company
- HopCat Royal Oak (Gleaners Community Food Bank): All Day IPA, Founders Brewing Company